Overview: The PSAT report provides valuable insight into a student’s academic strengths and challenges. Doing a thorough assessment of your PSAT score report should be the first step in your individual SAT study plan. This workshop will cover verbal PSAT report review.
Date/Time: Saturday, January 30th 10am-12pm
Location: Virtual, Zoom
Instructor: Eileen Sullivan Studdert
In this 2 hour, hands-on workshop, students will:
● Identify their authentic strengths and challenge areas
● Comprehend the Key Differences between the PSAT and SAT
● Review the structure, scoring, question difficulty, pacing and process of elimination strategies necessary to reach top test score potential
● Identify the characteristics of “right” and “wrong” answer choices
● Understand passage organization to evaluate author’s purpose
● Deconstruct syntax and diction to spot rhetorical style and tone
By the end of this session, students will have a clear understanding about the format and function of the test, their strengths and error patterns, and an individualized study plan to best help them prepare for the SAT.