span style=”color: #0000ff;”>THE PERSONAL COLLEGE ESSAY: How to craft an effective narrative-style personal essay that captures the attention of the admissions office.
This workshop is ideal for rising high school seniors.
The personal essay is the one opportunity for college-bound teens to reveal who they are in their own voice. While colleges have historically considered a well-written personal essay to be an essential component in the application process, this particular year, the personal essay will weigh more heavily in the absence of standardized test scores and the last two semester grades.
Well-written, your essay will set you apart from similar candidates. Each session will be limited to six students so that each student will receive a quality virtual experience at a competitive price.
Price: $260/Six – 90 minute sessions
~ Each session will be broken down into three segments: 20-30 minutes of teacher-led essay skill instruction and discussion with key takeaways, 60-70 minutes of student breakouts, and 15 minutes of a chatroom
~ Weekly office hours will be available to answer student questions in a one-on-one meeting.
~ 4 Students Minimum/6 Students Maximum.
~ Sessions will be on-going beginning the week of June 29th
~ Performance Prep will contact you to schedule convenient days/times
In these six-session classes, students will:
- Explore sample essays in-depth and learn what separates great essays from mediocre ones
- Brainstorm unique topics and explore rhetorical strategies, including anecdotes, dialogue, sensory details, etc.
- Review real-life essays were written by Pomperaug and Newtown High School students
- Bring meaning and depth to essays to showcase student personalities
- Self-edit and polish essays to make sure they are engaging, meaningful, and memorable